November 8, 2016

Crannig Castle Blog Tour: An Interview with Jill Hubbard

Welcome to Day 2 of the Crannig Castle blog tour! I had the lovely privilege of interviewing Jill Hubbard, one of the 4 siblings who was taken to Calhortz in the first book, Creighton Hill. After Eleanor, Jill is my favorite character in the trilogy. Since I was also one of the final proofreaders, I had a fairly hard time coming up with questions that didn't give away any plot twists and surprises. I think I did a pretty good job, but judge for yourself!

An Interview with Jill Hubbard

If you are ever presented with an opportunity to come back to Calhortz, would you?
I think I would. It isn’t every day one gets to go to a fantasy world, and even though I’d rather leave the adventure part to someone else, I do enjoy feeling like one of the Pevensies. *smiles shyly* Besides, we’ve made some very good friends here, and I’d hate to never see them again. I’m going to miss them, especially Adriel.

So far, what is/are your favorite memory(ies)?
My favorite? *taps her lips in thought* In between all the danger and death defying adventure…I think what stands out the most is seeing Adriel become a Christian. He was hurting so badly when I met him, and struggling with so much. He’s still not perfect, of course, and he still longs to reunite his family, but the change in him is amazing. Yes, I think that’s my favorite.

How do you think your siblings have grown? And some of the other Time Captives?
*grins* Joey has matured a lot. He’s still fun and my little brother, but he’s letting his sweet side show more and fighting with Emily less. He’s always had a leader trapped inside his little boy exterior, and it’s starting to show. Allan, I think, is more confident. He’s always been a leader and a great older brother, but he’s being put to the test now and holding up well. Emily…well, she’s still mostly acting the same, but something feels different. It’s as if she’s acting that way more because she always has than because she actually wants to. I don’t know…she’s just not quite the same as she was, however much she tries to be. As for the other Time Captives, I didn’t know them before, so I can’t really say how they’ve changed.

Would you care to share anything you have learned? Skills, moral lessons, etc?
I’ve learned that when the Bible says God uses the weak things of the world to confound the strong, it’s not kidding. God chooses to work through the lowly that we might be able to truly see that it’s He who really did it. We’re just a bunch of kids, all of us except Adriel out of our own world. Yet we’ve come together and freed the king and are working towards the freedom of Calhortz. We never could do it all in our own strength. But with God, all things are possible.

I'm sure having your siblings with you helps with the homesickness. Do you think about home often?
Unlike the older Time Captives, I haven’t been given much time to be homesick, which I suppose is a good thing. I do miss Anna and my parents, though. I can’t wait to see them again, though I’ll hate to say goodbye here. I’m glad Emily, Allan, and Joey are here. I’d be terribly homesick without them, in spite of having so little time to do nothing.

~~~~~

Isn't she the sweetest?? Seriously, I loved coming up with questions for this interview. I've enjoyed watching all the characters grow and learn different lessons as the story has progressed. And the best part? There are some terrific possibilities for some spin-off stories!

I'll be back Friday with my book review of Crannig Castle. See you then!

Katelyn

1 comment:

Morgan Huneke said...

Thanks for interviewing Jill. It was a lot of fun. :)